- I am much closer to my toes. I can bend over and get much closer than I could before. No longer do I have to kind of squint and wonder if there is a broken nail down there.
- I can feel bones in my frame. I have located the elusive hip bone that everyone has been talking about for years. It's quite big really.
- I have a jaw line and the beginnings of collar bones. This is exciting. I use to look in the mirror when I was 13 and wonder why my collar bones didn't jut out like my friends did. Well they've finally started to show!
- I no longer see flesh when I look down. Don't get me wrong, I can still see stomach, but in ground breaking news I can also see toes!
- Forearms and arms in general. I saw a semi defined muscle the other day! I'm not lying! I saw it and husband saw it too! He nodded and said 'yes, i think it is a bicep!' SO exciting. It looked like a little lump just above my tuckshop lady arms. I was pretty happy about that!
- I'm learning to take compliments. It's hard sometimes to acknowledge and accept a compliment graciously. I am trying to learn to say 'thank you, I'm really enjoying the journey' but it still comes out as 'ohthankswellyouknowit'sexpectedsinceidon'teatanymore!'
- Portion sizes are ridiculous! I'm getting used to serving myself up much smaller portions, however, I am still putting too much food out!
This one is a comparison from the pre-op diet to now.