Monday 31 October 2011

Bread

Bread = bad.  I've probably said it before.  I have a tendency to forget the difficult things and try them again because I love them so much.  So uncomfortable.  I purchased a turkish pide on the weekend and was going to make myself a) a mini BLT, b) smoked salmon dip with toasted turkish bread and c) egg and lettuce mini sandwich.  Yeah, that didn't work out so well for me.  In fact, every time I tried to eat it I ended up throwing out the turkish bread and just eating the protein and salad.  Boo.  I was so looking forward to it.
I think that bread will prove difficult regardless of what stage I get to.  Perhaps because it swells or perhaps because of the gluten?  I can eat absolutely everything else but bread always makes itself a problem and I feel absolutely blerk after I've tried.  Cake and other wheat products are fine (in tiny quantities).  Multigrain toast was ok for a while (in saying that I haven't had it for about a month), and although I can't get through a full piece of toast, I could eat most of it.  I had 2/3 of a ham, cheese and pineapple toasted wrap the other day and it was delicious! So no problem with the wraps either! 
So I guess I'll be saying goodbye to bread.  Our affair is over.  I will mourn for you...  You and your fresh, fluffy goodness, teamed with butter, honey, egg, ham, or any other kind of spread will be banished to the back of my mind as just a distant memory.  Oh the sacrifices we make...

No comments:

Post a Comment