Thursday 27 October 2011

The Dreaded Plateau

I think I've hit it.  The plateau.  Shit.  That dreaded place where the easy part is up and now I really have to watch my calorie input and energy output if I want to keep losing weight.  Bugger.  I haven't lost any weight in about 2 weeks and now sit at allllllllllllllllllllllmost 27kg total loss (26.8kg is close enough to 27 if you ask me).  I've given up weighing myself everyday because the numbers jump around so much it is getting a little confusing, not to mention disheartening.  I said tonight that consciously I knew I would have to work if I wanted to get the weight off, but subconsciously I was hoping it would happen without doing anything but sitting back and enjoying 3 tiny meals a day.  Shit.

In other news I have finally started swimming.  AND. I'M. LOVING. IT.  I'm going 3 mornings a week (the 5am start is a little rough) and smash out 1.5km in about 20 - 25 minutes.  I have in my arsenal: flippers, hand paddles, swimmers snorkel, goggles and kick board.  Just going back to the swimmers snorkel, that is dead set the best thing in the world.  It is so peaceful under the water with nothing to hear but the sound of bubbles and your own breathing... SO relaxing!!  I might whinge that it's too early, too cold, too sunny, too windy, too noisy or too wet but once I'm in, try stopping me!!
 One downside to swimming though is that since starting swimming I am finding myself SO much more tired.  When I say tired, I mean 8:30pm and I'm nodding off.  This from someone who typically goes to bed at 10:30 - 11pm most nights - highly unusual!!  Last Friday night I had a couple of wines after work (to help erase the memories of a very bad week) with husband and I was in bed, asleep, by 7:50pm.  I didn't even get to finish the tiny bowl of lamb rogan josh that had been whipped up at my request.  WHAT THE?!?!?!  I haven't done that since I was 7!

Anyway, it's time to focus on protein and veg and say goodbye (again) to carbs and try and get (at least) another 15kg off.  It's not unreasonable and really should be very easy, but now I'm going to have to jump in and put my mind to it and the chocolate down.  I'm hoping my swimming and walking and Just Dance 3 (Wii) and chasing the dog around will help me along... In the mean time, to help me feel better, I'm going to do a spot of online shopping!  If only that counted as exercise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment