Sunday 31 July 2011

SLOW DOWN!!!

I would never have considered myself a super fast eater but now I find myself totally frustrated by how slow I am!!  I have to chew my food so much that it ends up like a liquid in my mouth.  That totally ruins the sensation of eating something delicious because by the time it is a liquid it has morphed into something no longer desirable.  In the time that it takes me to chew 2 mouth fulls everyone around me is half finished an entire meal!  Try it... Seriously, try chewing every single mouthful at least 60 times or until it is virtually a liquid.  There can be no lumps, at all.  By the time I finish eating my tiny little bowl (about 150g) I am totally over eating and just want to move on.  

On another note, if I eat or swallow too much I find myself now feeling nauseated.  I haven't experienced this at any other time except today.  I feel like I reallllly need to burp but every time I try a lump of food tries to come up.  I feel nauseous to the point where I am uncomfortable and walk around like a dog in labour.  I don't know whether I want to stretch out or curl up, or throw up, but I just feel revolting on the whole.  
Today in particular was ridiculous.  For breakfast I had scrambled eggs and an eye of bacon.  Yesterday, no problem whatsoever, today, one bite of the egg and bacon and that was it.  I had to lie down for 10 minutes.  We went out for lunch and I just had a skim milkshake (only got down about half of that) and 2 hot chips from Ben's plate.  Nope.  No good.  Bed for an hour after.  It is just the most horrible feeling, and I am so not a fan of vomiting (it's not my prettiest moment - the noises and crying that accompany a spew are far from dainty) so I try to avoid it at all costs.  
I'm not sure whether I am pushing myself too much or eating things I'm not meant to (I know the bacon is a no no but I am chewing it up until it resembles nothing like bacon so it should be fine?!?!?!) but I've had scrambled eggs before and they were fine.  Oh well.  It's just another day in the learning process I suppose!

1 comment:

  1. I am so going to try that chewing thing tomorrow. Shall report back!

    ReplyDelete